ArtsLink helps University faculty incorporate attendance at arts and cultural events into their curriculum. Our staff help make it easy for faculty to assign these events without having to buy and re-sell the tickets to their students. We buy the tickets, we can often subsidize their cost, and can sell them directly to the students through the Ticket and Information Center.
You are here
In the Classroom
Columbia University’s unique location in New York City allows faculty to expand their classroom to incorporate events, exhibitions, and performances as part of their curriculum.
Faculty from a wide range of academic departments, including the Core Curriculum, Psychology, English, Philosophy, Journalism, and many others, have participated in Artslink.
Recent Artslink events include:
- Iphigenia in Aulis at Classic Stage Company
- Exhibition tour of The Power of Pictures: Early Soviet Photography at the Jewish Museum
- Tannhauser at the Metropolitan Opera
- Visit to Picasso Sculpture at the Museum of Modern Art
- El Amor en los Tiempos del Colera at Repertorio Espanol
- Italian language tour of Alberto Burri: The Trauma of Painting at the Guggenheim Museum
- Talk with Ta-Nehisi Coates at the New York Public Library
Faculty have also brought their classes to major New York landmarks, such as Carnegie Hall, the Public Theater, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music.