ArtsLink helps University faculty incorporate attendance at arts and cultural events into their curriculum. Our staff help make it easy for faculty to assign these events without having to buy and re-sell the tickets to their students. We buy the tickets, we can often subsidize their cost, and we sell them directly to the students through the Ticket and Information Center.
You are here
In the Classroom
Columbia University’s unique location in New York City allows faculty to expand their classroom to incorporate events, exhibitions, and performances as part of their curriculum.
Last year more than 150 classes and over 4,000 Columbia students attended performances ranging from the Brooklyn Academy of Music to the Metropolitan Opera during the academic year.
Faculty from the Core Curriculum, Psychology, American Language Program, History, English, Italian, Philosophy, and Journalism have participated in Artslink.
Past Artslink events have included:
- Concerts – Carnegie Hall, New York Philharmonic
- Metropolitan Opera – Carmen, Don Giovanni, La Traviata
- Museum Tours – MoMA, the Metropolitan Museum, and the Brooklyn Museum
- Theater – New York Theater Workshop, the Public Theater
- Other leading venues – Brooklyn Academy of Music, City Center, Harlem Stage, Japan Society, New York Theater Workshop
Below is a selection of upcoming programs related to various disciplines. Visit our calendar or email email@example.com for suggestions that are relevant to your specific class.
- Zero Hour: Tokyo Rose's Last Tape, Jan. 29-31 at Japan Society (Theater)
- Hamilton, through Apr. 5 at the Public Theater (Theater)
- Lincoln Speaks: Words That Transformed a Nation, through June 7 at the Morgan Library & Museum (Museum/Visual Art)
- Musicophilia, Feb. 5-7 at La Mama (Theater)
- Robot Invasion: Are Smart Products Running Your Life?, Feb. 19 at Cooper Hewitt (Talk)
- Lynn Hershman Leeson presents an afternoon on the Future of Humanity, Feb. 22 at MoMA PS1 (Talk)
- Romare Bearden: A Black Odyssey, through Mar. 14 at the Wallach Gallery (Visual Art)
- Buddhist Art of Myanmar, Feb. 10 – May 10 at Asia Society (Visual Art)
- Under the Mexican Sky: Gabriel Figueroa-Art and Film, Mar. 4 – Jun. 27 at El Museo del Barrio (Visual Art)