You are here
Intern | Summerstage | Citywide
Date: Seasonal, June 1 - August 31, 2016 (Flexible)
Salary: $11/hour, ~25-30 hours per week
We are seeking an organized, adaptable individual to work directly with the General Manager of the SummerStage Citywide festival on a variety of tasks related to all aspects of the production and management of the festival. This internship is a great experience for undergraduates, graduate students, or recent graduates to learn about and gain experience in both live event management and non-profit management. College credit available in participating programs.
● Assist with accounting and bookkeeping for SummerStage Citywide program
● Process and track payment to vendors and other parties
● Provide on-site support to Citywide production team at select events that may include:
○ Managing guest list
○ Assisting with artist and partner relations
○ Liaising with food vendors
○ Coordinating activations and other festival elements taking place in the park
● Perform various administrative tasks supporting the department
● Conducting audience surveys
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Willingness and eagerness to learn and adapt to evolving responsibilities
● Team-centric attitude
● Must have completed sophomore year of college
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel / Google Docs and Sheets
● Experience in performing arts and/or live events preferred
● Drivers’ license and clean driving record preferred
● Ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: artsinternship@CityParksFoundation.org. Put “Citywide Intern” in subject header.
Click here to learn more about City Park Foundation's SummerStage programming.