You are here
Summer 2017 Internship Klein Sun Gallery (New York, NY) Klein Sun Gallery is searching for a highly motivated, organized individual to work as an intern with our team. The Gallery, located in the heart of Chelsea, has an international reputation as one of the foremost galleries specializing in Chinese contemporary art and continues to advance the careers of its represented artists. The Gallery's programming encompasses exhibiting, museum collaborations, art fair participation, public art projects, artist residencies, academic publications and social engagement, aiming to promote awareness, recognition, and access to Chinese culture.
Required: 2-5 days a week, minimum of 3 months
- Assist with updating artist biographies and CV
- Assist with contemporary Chinese art related research projects
- Assist with exhibition installation
- Other administrative tasks include: opening and closing, gallery upkeep, bartend openings, photograph events
- Opportunity to contribute to the galley’s blog of contemporary Chinese art and culture
- Interest in Contemporary Art (and relevant degree )
- Candidate for undergraduate or graduate degree required - We are looking for an organized, approachable, amicable person. You must be proactive, able to take on tasks on your own or with little guidance
- Reading and speaking Chinese is a high plus, but not mandatory
- Photoshop a plus
- Video editing a plus
School credit can be arranged for the semester. We are a small team. This position would provide the qualified intern with a well-rounded experience in a variety of areas of the gallery world.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Email subject should read "Summer Intern 2017"