You are here
Opportunities and scope of work:
Based on the candidate’s stated interests and goals, this internship provides opportunity for understanding the mechanisms of an established arts non-profit organization. Supporting the Immigrant Artist Newsletter and related activities enables access to diverse communities and organizations supporting artists of all disciplines and cultural backgrounds. Training in the form of mentorship would be provided throughout the duration of the internship. It also enables opportunities to expand networks and contribute to important topics in the immigrant artist community. The Intern will play an active role compiling, editing and reviewing the monthly Con Edison Immigrant Artist Newsletter that offers opportunities, professional resources and advice for immigrant artists. Other responsibilities include maintenance of the IAP Digital Directory, assisting with the Immigrant Artist Mentoring Program, and supporting other NYFA Learning programs and workshops such as Boot Camps and Doctor’s Hours when needed. Candidates with a background and interest in supporting immigrant artists and related concerns are encouraged to apply. Foreign language skills and/or interest in translation a plus.
- Researching and collating opportunities/resources of interest for immigrant artists
- Maintaining newsletter and subscriber data to ensure growth and increase the number of clicks
- Managing email correspondences, handling inquiries, and overseeing Facebook groups
- Preparing and assisting in events, meetings and public programs (some evenings/weekends may be required)
- Detail-oriented with strong communication, writing, and editing skills
- Creative self-starter with ability to work well collaboratively and independently
- Ability to coordinate and meet deadlines
- Experience with web-based research, Mailchimp, and online social media
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Google Docs/forms
- Patience, reliability, and a good sense of humor a must
To Apply: Please email a cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity and resume to NYFA Learning at email@example.com with “IAP Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A diverse staff is critical to our mission to serve all artists. Individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. NYFA's offices are accessible. Before applying, please note that candidates must be comfortable working in a dog-friendly open office environment. For more information, click here.