You are here
Director of Marketing
Basic Job Function:
Alongside the Director of Marketing, implement and administer the Theater’s subscription and single-show campaigns; spearhead institutional marketing efforts; and serve as in-house data expert.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- With Director of Marketing, develop and implement strategy around annual subscription marketing campaign, including direct mail, digital, and telesales appeals;
- Spearhead audience research, analysis, and data mining from both internal and external sources, using current and historical data to establish and track key performance indicators;
- Manage various institutional marketing efforts, including but not limited those related to Playwrights Downtown (Theater School and Rehearsal Studios), audience development for onstage programming, and strengthening Playwrights’ presence in the Hell’s Kitchen / Midtown West neighborhoods;
- Oversee the company’s direct mail efforts, including list selection, development and deployment;
- In close partnership with internal ticketing team, ensure the department’s successful use of AudienceView CRM system for ticketing, reporting, select builds and forecasting;
- Serve as institutional representative for group sales and customer service issues escalated from our box office;
- In concert with the Director of Marketing, monitor the department’s budgets and expenses, including regular reconciliation with the business office;
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years marketing experience, preferably within an arts organization, advertising firm, or similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above, plus experience working in a creative environment
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills are essential • CRM database experience a plus
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
Skills and Key Characteristics:
A collaborative spirit, excellent communication skills, positive attitude, self-motivation, and love of theater are essential. The successful candidate will be a proactive, creative thinker looking to contribute to a high-achieving marketing team in a fast-paced, not-for-profit environment. They are passionate about marketing, innovation, and the performing arts, and want to be involved in supporting daring artists and the development of their bold new work. Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.
Submit resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.