You are here
We are seeking temporary staff with a good knowledge of contemporary art to fill the following roles at this year’s Frieze New York, which will take place the first week of May.
- VIP assistants/hospitality staff: applicants should have a working knowledge of artists and collectors in the contemporary art world. They should have experience of working with VIPs in a fast moving environment, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to cope under pressure.
- Sales/Ticketing staff: applicants should be personable and friendly, and have previous sales / retail experience as well as knowledge of all frieze publications. A previous visit to Frieze Art Fair is desirable.
- Pass administrators: applicants should be IT literate and comfortable using databases. Good people management skills and experience working with the public and/or contractors in a very fast paced environment are essential.
- Production Assistants: applicants should be dynamic, enthusiastic and reliable. These positions require staff who are comfortable with a high degree of manual handling.
- Cloakroom staff/Runners: applicants should be enthusiastic, have the ability to work well under pressure, excellent team-work skills and good sense of humor. Some positions require staff for additional dates both pre and post art fair and involve some manual handling.
- Exhibitor assistants: applicants should have good interpersonal, organizational and computer skills, as well as experience working in a fast-paced environment. A knowledge of and genuine interest in contemporary art is desirable, as is a previous visit to Frieze Art Fair and/or experience working in an art fair environment. Candidates who speak languages in addition to English are especially encouraged to apply.
In addition to the listed positions, other opportunities may be available in additional departments, including but not limited to: Distribution, Education, Frieze Projects, IT, Post room, PR/Press, Sponsorship and Staffing. As such, if you are interested in submitting a general application, you are welcome to do so.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a one page resume and a cover letter outlining your experience, which position you would like to be considered for and why you are interested in working for Frieze to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Julia Simpson and Michelle Yun. Please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. If you are interested in applying for more than one position please send in one application and specify in the subject line all of the positions in which you are interested. If you are interested in working at the fair but are not certain which department would be the best fit, you can write “General Application” in the subject line of your email. All applicants should be available between May 1 and May 7; please note that some positions involve training prior to the fair. Applicants will be interviewed and positions filled on a rolling basis therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at earliest convenience. All applicants must have a valid US Social Security number and the right to work in the US. For further information on Frieze New York please see http://friezenewyork.com