About The Event
Join the Queens Museum for an opening celebration of the winter exhibitions exhibitions: sonia louise davis: to reverberate tenderly, Emilie L. Gossiaux: Other-Worlding, Caroline Kent: A short play about watching shadows move across the room, and Aki Sasamoto: Point Reflection.
The afternoon celebration will include artist-led exhibition walkthroughs, a reception, and drop-in family art making.
- 1-4pm: Drop-in family art making workshops led by a teaching artist and the Queens Teens Institute for Art & Social Justice as part of Family Day
- 2:00pm: A short play about watching shadows move across the room walkthrough with Caroline Kent
- 2:30pm: Other-Worlding exhibition walkthrough with Emilie L. Gossiaux
- 3pm: to reverberate tenderly exhibition walkthrough with sonia louise davis
- 3:30pm: Point Reflection walkthrough with Aki Sasamoto
- 4-5pm: Reception with food and drinks for purchase in the Unisphere Cafe by The August Tree
For more information, please visit the event website.
Image: Aki Sasamoto, “Sink or Float”, 2022, installation view at the 59th Venice Biennale / courtesy of Take Ninagawa, Tokyo, and Bortolami Gallery, New York